Rice has been the staple food in the Indian Subcontinent for centuries, thanks to the rich soil and potable water. Over the years, humans have adapted to various climates and come up with paddy crops suitable for their region based on their likings and the efficiency of yields. Modern technology and agricultural practices have given rise to many hybrid rice varieties that are both nutritious, high-yielding, and have a delectable taste. One such rice variety that is popular for its high nutritional value among rice and flavorful taste is the Sona Masoori Rice.
What Is Soona Masoori Rice?
Sona Masoori is a medium-grained rice that is a widespread variety of non-basmati rice used for various dishes nationwide. Sona Masoori Rice is a combination of two varieties of rice, Sona and Masoori/Mussoorie. The widespread rice has a soft texture and a mild sweet taste, making it unique and sought after. As per Arjun Munda, Agriculture Minister, GOI, the export of non-basmati rice stood at 177.92 lakh tonnes in 2022-2023, which gives an idea of how popular and versatile non-basmati rice varieties are. However, non-basmati rice export has been banned since July 2023.
Sona Masoori is mainly grown in regions where the soil is rich. Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are India's leading producers of this delicious rice variety. Besides being savoury, Sona Masoori is known for its rich nutritional value.
Nutritional Value of Sona Masoori Rice
Sona Masoori is known to have a high nutritional value compared to other white rice types. Sona Masoori rice is rich in proteins and healthy carbohydrates, making it a healthy option against different white rice varieties. Sona Masoori rice is light yet filling, making it the perfect option for curbing hunger.
Health Benefits of Sona Masoori Rice
Sona Masoori rice has many nutritional benefits, and when harvested and processed in a healthy and clean environment, the nutritional value of the grains is retained. Sri Sri Tattva ensures that local farmers harvest the rice ethically using the most environmentally friendly harvesting methods. The cleaning and packaging facilities of Sri Sri Tattva ensure all hygiene standards are maintained so that we can give our patrons the best quality Sona Masoori rice with the highest nutritional value while retaining the distinctive taste and aroma. The few benefits of Sona Masoori rice are -
• Healthy Digestion - Sona Masoori rice is soft and easy to digest as it is easy on the digestive system. The soft texture also allows it to be used in a variety of recipes that otherwise would require other rice varieties that are less nutritious than Sona Masoori.
• Low Cholesterol & Fat - Soona Masoori rice is filled with healthy cholesterol that is good for the heart. This medium-grained rice is also low in trans fat, making it the perfect option for people looking to lose weight.
• Rich In Carbohydrates - The carbohydrates in Sona Masoori are healthy, making consuming a bowl of Sona Masoori rice the perfect choice for a day that requires a lot of energy!
• Rich In Nutrients - Sona Masoori is rich in Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium and Iron, which makes eating rice regularly highly beneficial. Thanks to its versatility, there are a plethora of dishes that you can cook for a healthy meal.
• Low Glycemic Index - Medium-grained rice has a low glycemic index, which means that people with diabetes can consume Sona Masoori rice without increasing their blood sugar levels.
You can now buy Sona Masoori rice online from our website and experience the tasty, healthy and aromatic rice for all your rice dishes!