Method 1: Rinsing the Black Rice
1 - Measure out two cups of water for every one cup of rice. Remember that the rice will double in volume once cooked.
2 - Rinse the rice two or three times. Place the rice in a bowl and run it under cold water. Rub the rice with your hands. Let it sit and then strain the rice. Repeat this process two or three times. Doing this will remove surface starches and prevents the rice from clumping.
3 - Cover the rice in water one more time. Let the rice sit in the water overnight. Doing this will ensure that your rice does not clump.
If you don't have the time, cook your rice after you have washed it two or three times.
Method 2: Boiling the Black Rice
1- Pour your measured out cups of water into a large pot. Add the rice to the water. Do not turn the stove top on until both the water and the rice are in the pot.
If desired, you can cook black rice in stock (vegetable etc.) rather than water. The stock will give the rice a saltier taste. Most recipes state that you should have 1 cup of stock for every 1/2 cup of black rice.
2 - Bring the water to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover the pot, and leave to simmer for 20 to 35 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed.
3 - Turn off the heat and leave the pot to sit for 15 minutes. Do not stir.
4- Fluff the rice with a fork to separate the grains and serve.
Be aware that although the color of cooked black rice is pretty, it may stain your ceramic or enamel cookware.
Sri Sri Tattva's Black Rice is one of the richest source of disease-fighting antioxidants, and also contains high amounts of dietary fiber, anti-inflammatory properties. Regular consumption of Sri Sri Tattva's Black Rice has the ability to help stop the development of diabetes, cancer, heart disease and even weight gain. Despite not being as popular as brown rice or white rice, black rice, (quirkily also known as forbidden rice) is a staple food grain that has more health benefits than other rice varieties. It has been consumed in regions of Asia for thousands of years; so much so that for centuries it was reserved for only Chinese royalty. Today this variety of rice is gaining popularity and s becoming more widely available in health food stores across the US, Australia, and Europe, as more and more people continue to discover the numerous health benefits that whole grain black rice has to offer. An analysis of 12 different varieties of rice found that the antioxidant content of black rice was about six times higher than other varieties of rice. Black rice has also been found to rival blueberries in terms of antioxidant power. That is some fact, given that blueberries are known as one of the best antioxidants when compared with 40 other fruits and vegetables. Black rice bran has less sugar and is rich in fiber and vitamin E antioxidants. Black rice is a very good source for anthocyanin, that help boost memory, and it is also widely accepted that the antioxidant anthocyanin in black rice may play a role in reducing atherosclerosis.
Sri Sri Tattva's Triphala Tablet is a combination of three very powerful fruits that are known to possess immense health benefits – Amla, Haritaki and Bhibitaki. Triphala improves digestion and assimilation of food, cleanses and tones the gastrointestinal tract and relieves constipation by its laxative action. Triphala is an antioxidant and good for eye diseases and urinary disorders. It balances the tridoshas (3 Elements of the Body – Vata, Pitta and Kapha). Triphala is useful in a wide range of disorders, acting as an overall rejuvenator and anti ageing medicine and balancing all 3 doshas. A decoction of Triphala when gargled is good for gastritis flatulence, constipation and any sort of abscess and for healing wounds. When taken with honey it is a vehicle for healing and when taken with warm water or milk it is useful for constipation and flatulence.
Amalaki (Emblica officinalis): Has a cooling effect that manages pitta, supporting the natural functions of the liver and the immune system.
Bibhitaki (Terminalia belerica): Is particularly good for kapha, supporting the respiratory system as well as kapha accumulations in all systems.
Haritaki (Terminalia chebula): Though having a heating nature, is still good for all three doshas (vata, pitta, and kapha). It is known for its toxin removing properties and helps maintain healthy levels of weight.
“Sri Sri Tattva's Cow's Pure Ghee” is rich in savour and texture, this Cow's Pure Ghee is made using cow's pure milk in the most hygienic and safe conditions to ensure its quality and purity. It has been used for good health and healing since millenia with its rich nutrient content and in-numerous benefits.
“Sri Sri Tattva's Cow’s Pure Ghee” is a stable fat for cooking as it has a very high smoke point. Ghee has stable saturated bonds and so is a lot less likely to form harmful free radicals when cooking. The short chain fatty acids in Ghee are also metabolized very readily by the body.
It is good for treatment of burns. According to Ayurveda, Ghee promotes learning and increased memory retention.It is also good for nerves and brain. It helps control eye pressure and is beneficial to glaucoma patients. Ghee is most notably said to stimulate the secretion of stomach acids to help with digestion, while other fats, such as butter and oils, slow down the digestive process and can sit heavy in the stomach.
Ghee is rich in K2 and CLA (Conjugate Linoleic acid) which acts as an antioxidant with antiviral properties and it inhibits the growth of breast cancer. Moreover, Ghee is rich in medium chain fatty acids which gets absorbed directly into the liver and burned as energy.
Sri Sri Tattva's Honey brings to you the immense nutritional and medicinal benefits of honey that has been seen over centuries. This sweet nectar is a popular kitchen staple loaded with antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that has been used since millennia.
Honey has multiple nutritional and medicinal properties and is a remarkable healing agent for different ailments. Its basic make up is such that one tablespoon of honey contains only 64 calories and no fat or cholesterol. The pH of honey is around 3 - 4.5 due to which is negates the growth of bacteria and also has anti-oxidant properties which helps is reducing free radicals.
Honey acts as a natural vaccine and helps increase immunity. It is also very effective in combating sore throats and bouts of cough, when used with lime and is a natural cure for wounds, burns and cuts.
Travel disrupts our normal skin functioning, what with the sudden changes in atmosphere, the varying temperature and humidity. Also, places you visit might have water with different mineral contents than those in your home city, especially if it is more as this may lead to skin irritation which may lead to skin outbreaks.
Skin care while travelling begins before the trip itself begins. It is advisable to exfoliate your face the night before you begin your trip, as this removes the dead skin cells and opens the pores. Humidifying your skin also helps immensely, as it balances the moisture content in your skin. Here are a few other tips to help you have a blemish free skin and enjoy your trip without any hassles
- Less exposure to sun: While this may be easier said than done, avoiding over exposure to the sun has multiple benefits. Apart from the well-known ill effects of over exposure to the harmful UV rays, exposure to the sun causes 2 opposite effects on acne prone skin. Initially, the sun dries out the skin. This drying effect combined with tanning give the impression of an improved complexion and reduced acne. Unfortunately, albeit this seems like progress, it later leads to thickening of the outer surface of the skin causing the pores to be clogged again, which in turn leads to an accumulation of sebum on the inner surface of the skin followed by acne. Always carry a summer hat or a cap for protection from the sun while travelling.
- Face cleansers: It is advisable to use a gel based cleanser which contains salicylic acid, citric acid and glycolic acid as this helps in reducing the dead skin cells that clog the pores and lead to pimple outbreaks.
- Less acidic food: While travelling, it is but obvious that you may want to indulge yourself in the local culinary offerings. Although, this is part of the experience, it is highly advisable to keep your eye on what you consume. It is best to avoid very spicy foods, ice creams, sodas and other beverages. Refined carbs deep fried foods are especially the worst for summer acne.
- Hydration: Keep yourself hydrated at all times. This includes drinking more water in a day during summers than your usual intake and also include other fluids, (fruit and vegetable juices) which provide both nutrients as well as much needed electrolytes to the body. Water, being a great detoxifier, leads to a healthier, clearer skin.
- Avoid oily hair: If your hair is oily, chances are your face gets oily as well. In this scenario, regularly washing your hair with a mild shampoo and conditioner helps. If you have long hair, it helps to keep them away from your face.
- Wipes: Keep this your purse or beach bag, especially if you’re traveling to somewhere hot and humid where you’ll be sweating a lot. Having these wet wipes handy keeps the skin clear by removing dirt, bacteria and pore clogging oil. These wipes are excellent for on-the-go, and won’t agitate sensitive skin.
Sri Sri Products' SHAKTI DROPS is one of the simplest forms of Immunity booster. It has 8 highly effective Herbs – Amla, Ashwagandha, Bringaraj, Brahmi, Amruth, Shankapushpi, Satavari & Yashtimadhu.
Sri Sri Products' Shakti Drops is one such proprietary product, which helps improve the overall immunity of the individual. SHAKTI Drops is a pure water Extract of eight 100% Certified Organic Herbs. These herbs are selected by a team of Ayurveda doctors to make an easy to use product in their daily routine for everyone. Just add 5-6 Drops in one cup of water and have twice daily.
The herbs and their properties as per Ayurveda:
- Ashwagandha - Improved immune power and resistance to diseases.
- Amruth - Improved immune power and further improves body’s defense mechanism.
- Satavari - Improves intellect and body’s defence mechanism.
- Brahmi - Strengthens body tissues, promotes intellect and postpones early aging process.
- Shankapushpi - Promotes intellect, rejuvenates, controls emotions like anxiety & depression, improves sleep, strength and stamina.
- Bringaraj - Improved immune power.
- Amalaki - Rejuvenates and gives strength to sense organs.
- Yashtimadhu - Nutritive and rejuvenative.
“Sri Sri Tattva's Ojasvita – Malt” is an herbal health drink which is made of 7 Power Herbs which takes care of your daily mental health and its awesome taste is perfect to start your day. It is perfect for all age groups and can be taken throughout the day. Sri Sri Tattva's Ojasvita – Malt contains herbs namely Ashwagandha, Satavari, Shankhpushpi, Jyotishmati, Brahmi, Kali Musali and Bringaraj.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): Ashwagandha has numerous healthbenefits, it improves thinking ability and helps to get proper sleep. It boosts supply of antioxidants and regulates the immune system.
- Satavari (Asparagus racemosus): Satavari also known as wild asparagushas a cooling effect onthe digestive system. It is useful in nourishing and calming the nerves and brain.
- Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis): Shankhpushpi is an ayurvedic herb which increases memory power, concentration and ability to recall.
- Bhringaraj (Eclipta alba): Bhringaraj acts as a rejuvenator and cooling agent for hair and skin.
- Kali Musali (Curculigo orchioides): Kali Musali is an ayurvedic herb in use since millenia. It helps to boost immune system and hence helps to fight against various infections.
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri): Brahmi is a traditional plant used in Ayurveda. It acts as an antianxiety agent and has a calming effect. It contains antioxidants which helps to dispel toxins from the body and hence gives glowing skin and promotes hair growth as well.
- Jyotishmati (Celastrus paniculata): Jyotishmati activates functioning of brain. Its use has been reported to show a significant reduction in anxiety.
In Sanskrit, Ojas means Vitality. Sri Sri Tattva's Ojasvita Malt is an excellent combination of great taste and good health. Malt is rich in nutrients; it contains carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and minerals. It contains huge amounts of protein - about 12.5% of its total content. Malt helps to reduce the total cholestrol level and also improves digestion.
With all these wonderful health benefits, Ojasvita- Malt is the complete drink for people of all ages.
Sri Sri Tattva's Sudanta Toothpaste gives you complete oral care. One of the biggest benefits of Sudanta is that is completely free from Fluoride! Recent studies have found that Fluoride causes tooth decay, known as dental fluorosis, and this is most common in children. Not surprising, since Fluorine itself has corrosive properties. Apart from this, careful and detailed studies have also linked fluoride with other ailments like osteoporosis, thyroid problems, endocrine problems and even certain types of cancers. The harmful effects are seen more in babies and young children, which is a very sensitive age, but are certainly not limited to them. With such known harmful effects, it is not a surprise that many countries in Europe have already banned fluoride!
Sri Sri Tattva's Sudanta Toothpaste keeps your breath fresh, protects and prevents gum and tooth diseases, and ensures healthier gums & teeth. It is very effective for toothache, dental caries, bleeding gums, tooth decay and bad breath. According to Ayurveda, the Kapha Dosha is the root of the Dental problems, and should be balanced for good Dental health. Ayurveda also says that the most effective ingredients for the teeth are those with a bitter and astringent taste, such as Cloves and Black Pepper.
Sri Sri Tattva's Sudanta toothpaste contains Cloves, Cinnamon, Black pepper, Bakul and Mayaphal. The overall dental benefits are mentioned below: Anti-bacterial: Our mouth is home to billions of bacteria, viruses, fungi and other parasites and toxins. Cloves help in the removal of these germs and their waste products. Another method to remove these harmful bacteria is through a simple method called oil pulling (gargling and spitting warm Oils such as Clove Oil and Coconut Oil). Healthy gums: Black pepper helps keep away bad breath and is also very effective with gum problems. Toothache: Cinnamon along with Clove Oil is highly beneficial to avid toothaches. Cinnamon also provides good flavour & has anti-inflammatory properties. Sri Sri Products' Sudanta’s other ingredients - Bakul & Mayaphal - help in making gums & teeth strong. It gives long lasting freshness throughout the day. Made from Herbal Ingredients it is totally safe and very effective.